Wow, I had not realized it had been that long since I posted last. I would love to post more, but with my computer still in the works..I know, Shay was supposed to fix it a couple of weekends ago, but the poor guy can't seem to get a weekend off of work, I don't have any new pictures to post. I will tell you that in the last 2 weeks, I ended up going to the ER because I suspected my water had broken! it was really scary. Apparently it was fine. What had made me think that it had was because I was going to the bathroom soo often and it it was completely clear. When my water broke with Sam, the same thing happened. They tested for amniotic fluid and it came back negative, and it stopped after I was in the hospital for a little while. It was very scary being in the labor and delivery ward at only 25 weeks. The one nice thing is that they actually renovated that whole floor since I had Sam there ( LDS Hospital by the way) and now I look forward to having Daniel there in a nice new room.I have another Dr.s appointment today, and I have to drink that yummy glucose drink for the diabetes test.For which I am pretty positive I don"t have. With Sam there was actually a doubt, just because I was gaining weight so fast, but I am definitely not gaining another 40 pounds this time around. I have only gained around 17 pounds so far, and if I gain another 20 by the time this is said and done I would be very surprised.I thought that moms usually gained more weight the second time around, that's what my sisters and friends told me. My mom thinks I am not gaining as much as before, because I run after a toddler now...but I don't really run after him. And yes, its a lot more work, because with my first pregnancy I would just eat, and sleep, and I was working, but that involved a whole lot of sitting. So I don't know, I actually started freaking out the other day,thinking this baby was going to be too small, and this and that.But you have to understand is that Sam was born at 37 weeks, at 8 pounds 11 ounces, 22 inches. He was a BIG baby ( hence the c-section!) I think that if Daniel comes out much smaller I will blame myself for poor nutrition or something! I should stop thinking that way though, because so many healthy babies are born a lot smaller than that. It will be weird though, because this family has never seen a baby weighing less than 7 pounds (and yes, we are very small women! and yes we all had to have c-sections!) My niece Raquel ,was born a couple of weeks early,and she weighed a whooping 9 pounds 8 ounces! She actually had to go to the NICU because of some fluids in her lungs, and ended up staying there because she would not eat enough. It was the strangest thing to walk in there and see all these tiny babies and then see Raquel filling up her little bed .
Right, so I should stop here, this post is too long....It seems my computer is gracing on me and I am being able to download my pictures. So maybe I will have another post coming very soon!
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Greer!!
12 years ago



1 comment:
So you are not going to try a normal birth this time? I had a c-section too with Lucas but not because he was big, it was an emergency one after 2 days in labor. I'm really glad I tried a VBAC with Joshua. If you decide to try it, let me know I have hundred of tips that I wish I was given. I'm sure you have family and friends there that will help you too. I gained a lot more with Lucas and Joshua than you did with Sam so don't feel bad at all. You are still beautiful and you are already so skinny. I have always been chubby and the post pregnancy that wont part with me totally makes me feel awful and a lot heavier. I'm glad your water did not broke huh? What a scare. Hope to see more pics soon.
Post a Comment