Monday, February 16, 2009

A little Soul lifting..

So, I feel bad I have waited so long to post pictures of Ariane and me. But I had to wait enough so that when I did, I wouldn't start crying...
Ariane and I met when I moved to the States. We were in the same ward, and I also ended up going to the same High School she was going. She helped me in so many ways, I can't even thank her enough. She helped me in school( it is so different from what I was used to in Brazil!), she was my friend , she was an example in everything. And I don't know if it was out of her just being herself and trying to help me( because that's what she does) or if it was because she saw something in me, but we became such good friends.Even though we were going trough somewhat different stages in life( she was a senior in high school,getting ready to face the world, and I was a sophomore, getting ready to face the mirror) we could talk about everything, we could laugh and cry together, face break ups and everything in between.
And then she decided she would go to school in Brazil...and it almost broke my heart. But our friendship never ended, it actually grew stronger.We wrote each other and sent pictures,e-mails, and I was able to tell her things I could not tell anyone else. We both grew up,and matured, in our own ways. We got married ( actually within a month!) and now we have kids( Her Lucy is 5 months old in the picture).
She still lives in Brazil, but her mom is my neighbor across the street. Ariane was able to come spend Christmas with her family, it was such a last minute thing and it just really made my holidays so much better! We always talked about how someday, we would see each other again, and meet each others husbands, and kids... I still cannot believe she was here. I am so grateful for her friendship, and for the example she is. She is just one of those people that leave such an impression on your life, but she doesn't have a clue what a big influence she is. So this post is dedicated to her!
Thank You Ane Honey, for all that you did, and still do! Love you demais minha frienda!!



6 comments:

Audrey Holjeson said...

Amizades assim sao priceless, neh?! Eu quase perdi a minha...e agora estou tentando fazer as coisas voltarem do jeito q eram...espero q um dia a gente chegue lah! Vc tah linda de barriguinha, Jenny!
beijos!

The Wright's said...

I don't know Ariane, but she seems to be a really nice friend. I wish some of my girlfriends (not you, of course) were more like this girl. You know what I mean??? Beijos, Patty :)

Gbryan said...

I wish I had a friend close by. Na verdade nem conheco nenhuma brasiliera por aqui...:( Adorei as fotos. Voce esta muito linda gravida e o cabelo esta muito chique! I really miss having a girl friend around. Lucas has a few different therapies; speech, occupational and developmental therapy. 3 days before Joshua was born Lucas was diagnosed with Autism. :( It was and still is very hard on me. I never even knew what it was...I'm sure if you know it either. So he has a few therapies to try to help him to talk. Hopefully he will soon...:( I'm kind of depressed these days so I should stop talking about it before I damage my keyboard...:)

Helga said...

Tao lindo ver vc e a Raquel de barrigona... To morrendo de saudade, sempre fico pensando nos bons tempos de Trolley Square... Te amo amiga! Beijao

Kika VilaNova said...

It is so good to have those friends from years ago who are still close to us no matter how much time has gone by!

Jen, those pictures WERE at Wheeler Farm, how did you know? Trevor was like a kid, running after ducks and stuff. HOmens!!

Hope to see you Saturday :)

hugs hugs

Ashlee said...

I am sooo happy you invaded my blog and now I am totally invading on yours :)! Your blog is so cute, btw.

Adriane sure seems like the kind of friend we all need in our lives. She seems so sweet! Thanks for the post!

Can I add your link to my blog? You are more than welcome to add mine :).

Also, and sorry for the long comment but I have to say that you are the cutest pregnant lady ever!

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker