Here are some things that make Samuel unique..at least to me.
His Smile.I love when he has this almost witty kind of smile....he shows all his teeth..it's so cute!
The way he needs Eeyore to go to sleep. He doesn't really care for Eeyore himself, its the tag on Eeyore's bottom that he likes. He wraps it around his fingers, or he rubs it against his lips( sometimes in between his lips and his pacifier), or he rubs it in between his toes...I know it may sound crazy...But I used to do the same thing when I was a baby.I used the ribbon that my paci was tied in, and when my mom took that away, I used my hair. To this day, I wrap little sections of hair in between my fingers when I am tired. And I think its CRAZY he does the exact same thing...I never showed it to him.
The fact that he has a sound for almost everything! He does not talk a lot yet, but he will communicate with sounds. He is getting a lot better at talking, but I think he is a little more confused now that he goes to school with me and hears English a whole lot more.
The fact that is is a total carnivore! I know he will always eat meat. So I try to mix it with other things so he will eat those too. He has been going through really good and really bad eating phases. Right now, he is doing pretty good. But it's a great tool for me to know that even when he is sick he will eat meat. And I know...if he doesn't even want meat... then the kid is really sick.
He is sooooo affectionate!! He will come out of nowhere and hug me. He loves to cuddle,specially when we are in bed. Saturday mornings are my favorite, when we are all in bed, playing around and joking, it is so fun! He also loves to pretend he is a dog or a kitty now. So he comes and starts going "meow, meow" and then he hugs you and plays with you and pretends to lick you..hihihihi.....it's actually really funny!
He likes to straighten up things. No, he doesn't clean up after himself. It's the kind of thing that if he trips on the kitchen rug and folds it at the corner, he will go fix it,he will go thrown any paper on the floor on the trash. Things like that.Shay blames me for that..I can't help it if I have to clean and he sees it! DUH!!
Any animal to him right now is a baby animal, unless it is accompanied by another one, then which it is its mother.If there is a cow, then baby cow. If there are 2 cows, then Mommy cow and baby cow. Interesting thing though, if there are more than 2, then one is the Daddy, more than 3 Grandpa,and so on and so forth.
If there is more than one, there are TWO! To Sam, if there is more than one thing then it is always two. He learned to say two, and now everything is two!
There are lots more things that make Samuel unique, but I will post these for now..seeing that I have been writing this post for three days and I can't get done!
His Smile.I love when he has this almost witty kind of smile....he shows all his teeth..it's so cute!
The way he needs Eeyore to go to sleep. He doesn't really care for Eeyore himself, its the tag on Eeyore's bottom that he likes. He wraps it around his fingers, or he rubs it against his lips( sometimes in between his lips and his pacifier), or he rubs it in between his toes...I know it may sound crazy...But I used to do the same thing when I was a baby.I used the ribbon that my paci was tied in, and when my mom took that away, I used my hair. To this day, I wrap little sections of hair in between my fingers when I am tired. And I think its CRAZY he does the exact same thing...I never showed it to him.
The fact that he has a sound for almost everything! He does not talk a lot yet, but he will communicate with sounds. He is getting a lot better at talking, but I think he is a little more confused now that he goes to school with me and hears English a whole lot more.
The fact that is is a total carnivore! I know he will always eat meat. So I try to mix it with other things so he will eat those too. He has been going through really good and really bad eating phases. Right now, he is doing pretty good. But it's a great tool for me to know that even when he is sick he will eat meat. And I know...if he doesn't even want meat... then the kid is really sick.
He is sooooo affectionate!! He will come out of nowhere and hug me. He loves to cuddle,specially when we are in bed. Saturday mornings are my favorite, when we are all in bed, playing around and joking, it is so fun! He also loves to pretend he is a dog or a kitty now. So he comes and starts going "meow, meow" and then he hugs you and plays with you and pretends to lick you..hihihihi.....it's actually really funny!
He likes to straighten up things. No, he doesn't clean up after himself. It's the kind of thing that if he trips on the kitchen rug and folds it at the corner, he will go fix it,he will go thrown any paper on the floor on the trash. Things like that.Shay blames me for that..I can't help it if I have to clean and he sees it! DUH!!
Any animal to him right now is a baby animal, unless it is accompanied by another one, then which it is its mother.If there is a cow, then baby cow. If there are 2 cows, then Mommy cow and baby cow. Interesting thing though, if there are more than 2, then one is the Daddy, more than 3 Grandpa,and so on and so forth.
If there is more than one, there are TWO! To Sam, if there is more than one thing then it is always two. He learned to say two, and now everything is two!
There are lots more things that make Samuel unique, but I will post these for now..seeing that I have been writing this post for three days and I can't get done!



3 comments:
hehehe this post made me laugh! Samuel is too cute to be true! :) By the way, I used to do the same thing with my hair! Actually, I think I haven't grown out of it yet.. hehehe
The first picture is gorgeous! Your son is really handsome! Does he speak Portuguese? How old is he again? My son doesn't say a word yet and a lot of people tell me he may be a little confused because of the two languages...not sure if I believe it.
Lucas is 26 months. He turned 2 in August. That's nice that you go to a Portuguese ward. I wish I could go to one as well. My husband served in Italy but his Portuguese is really good. He is the only other Portuguese speaker around Lucas. Does Samuel says a lot of words in Portuguese? Lucas says only bye-bye now...so we are frustrated sometimes...
Post a Comment