Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Samuel is a Big Boy!

So...it just dawned on me today that Sam is now a big boy... Why do you say? Just watching him the last couple of weeks has been amazing.. He is such a boy now...not a baby boy..just a boy! Obviously he is , and will be my baby forever...we actually talk about that all the time, since he can say baby and mommy( in Portuguese) I ask him who is my baby....and he points to himself, he points to me and says mommy, then points to himself and says baby!
But apart from that, he is becoming so independent, maybe the fact that he is talking a lot more now has something to do with it. But he just has a sense of "helping " other babies, he can do so much by himself. He plays with other kids a lot better now. He has learned so well what the Ice Cream Truck is....we tried to tell him in the beginning that it was just a truck that played music...but that did not last very long...for as you know, he does have 3 older cousins that showed him what the truck Really is for..and now he knows..... we don't buy him ice cream every time....but it is so nice to see the joy in his face just by having that $1 ice cream that sometimes I can't resist!
Also, the cutest thing happened las night... he went in to his room, came out, called me, asked me to get him this teddy bear that was on a shelf( he really never took interest in it before), got his blanket from the rocking chair, brought it to my bed, where he was watching Nemo, and made me but a pillow under the teddy's head, and cover him and teddy up...I could almost cry... he turned around to me and made a shhh! sound, as for me to be quiet because teddy was going to sleep! Too bad Shay wasn't home to see it...
Things like that made me realize my little baby is growing up soooo fast! Maybe also the fact that out of the blue, on Sunday night he peed on his big boy potty. I was changing him and asked him,just like everyday, if he wanted to go potty , this time he said yes. Okay....so he sat down on the potty, and as it it apparently routine now, I have to go sit on the potty too. So we are sitting there, he is looking at his book...and when he gets up and asks Shay to put underwear on him.. Shay tells me he actually peed on it! I was soo happy! We made a VERY big deal about, I gave him some candy and he wore his big boy underwear on top of his diapers. He loved it! But of course, I was singing my own praises too soon...yesterday and today he is refusing to even get close to the potty! Just as well tough...I have a plan that will hopefully help me. So I think I will try to start potty training him next week..no use trying to do it this week since it will be a bit hectic with Tremonton and Jackson Hole coming up... Well..I think this is enough for one post....Hope all of you have a great week!Tchau!
Sam and Teddy watching Nemo
Sam enjoying himself on a birthday party @ a Bouncy house place
Can you tell I love the Ice Cream Truck?
He needs to have a cup just like mommy's everyday!

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker