Just so we don't let Christmas go by without saying anything, this video is one of the things I gave Shay.It was really hard picking just a few of our favorite pictures but I think it sums up our years together.There are tons of pictures of when we were dating that are not in there, but my dad has all of those in backup CD's without any labels on them, and forgive me,but I did not have the time to go looking for them.
The very first picture though is of the night we met. It was at an Institute Country Dance, and my date was actually his friend Karl. I remember being really sad because when we met,his plans were to stay in Utah only for another month and a half.He was here working for the summer, but his whole family was living in Indiana. He was already registered in school there, and had an apartment. So that night when I went back home, I was trying to decide if I should even date him, just to say goodbye in a month( which by the way was what had happened my my two previous relationships!) This being said, I had no idea if he liked me or not..but I sure liked him.
It was more or less love at first sight. I just knew,that day, that we had something special, I didn't know I was going to marry him, but I knew we had not met by chance.Needless to say, just three days after we met, Shay announced ever so casually that he decided he would stay in Utah....he said something in his heart told him to do it. I melted! On the week following we went on our real first date....actually with him, and not his friend. On that day over dinner, I told my friend ,in Portuguese, that he had better not wait a whole month to kiss me just like the last guy I dated did.And I later found out he understood more or less of what I had said...that night we had our first kiss. On our next date, he shows up with a book on how to learn Portuguese. He had served his mission in Spanish, and immediately took on the new language. I was in love!Three weeks later he proposed. And I said yes! It was so fast, and I was scared, but I knew the feeling was so right. I had told him we would have to be engaged for a while, being that we had just met, and that I would pray for my answer. A week went by and I was really confused,I didn't know what to do...my mom called that same instant and we had an experience which was really the answer I was waiting for. Relief and peace washed over me, and I knew I was doing the right thing. Satan will tempt us so much when we are about to form an eternal family! We were engaged for almost an year, and everybody though we were crazy, because for Utah, that's like forever! In Brazil though, you are usually engaged for at least a year!
Anyway, the rest as they say, is history! We will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary next may. And sometimes it seems like its been so much longer. So much has happened! But with Shay the feeling I had since we met,was that it seemed we knew each other for so long! From day one, we could sit and talk forever!It's one the things I enjoy the most. Not to say we agree in everything, but we can talk about everything. I love him so much, and just having him in the hospital for those few days, has made me realize how lost I would be without him! Amor, te amo muito muito muito!
Sempre Sua Tati!
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Greer!!
12 years ago



1 comment:
What a cute video and awesome idea!!! LOVED it!!! Made me cry actually....I hate those hormones...:)
Post a Comment