Monday, September 15, 2008

Indiana here we come!


SO...we are going on vacation!!!! A much needed one for sure! Shay has been working, and still is,working a lot. I am very happy that we get to go to Indiana...we have been trying to go for a long time, but we either did not have enough money or enough time to go. This time around I think it will work out....we still need to find out how many days Shay can get off work..we are hoping for 5 days! But even if we get just 3 we will still go.We will be driving there( we got a GREAT deal on a car rental!!!) with my parents. I realize it is a 22/23 hour drive, and am not looking forward to that part because of Sam, but we will leave at night and he will be asleep for about half of it.
I have never been to Indiana, and that is were Shay's family lives right now.I am excited for many reasons, one of the bigger ones is that Grandma Taylor , and all his other uncles/aunts/cousin will get to see him!
I am also sure he will love the open spaces and the outdoor. Also, the dogs and cats.
I will love to go on a road trip and get to see the country...I have only been to Utah,California,Nevada,Idaho and Wyoming.....to get to see more 6 or 7 states in a week will be exciting!
Nevertheless, being a "pack freak ' like I am(for those of you that don't know...I will pack for any and everything that might happen!!!) I am already starting to make a list of things needed and things to be taken.....we only leave on the 26th...but...since I am working now, I have to give myself a bit more time.
For Grandma Taylor, if you are reading this.....we are so excited to be able to see you guys! I know Ben has been doing a countdown...so I decided to have one too..only 11 days to go!
Depending also, on how many days Shay gets off, we will be able to go to Kentucky and Ohio. Places were he served his mission and has been talking about ever since. It will be exciting to finally be able to see,taste and meet all the places and food and people he always talked about.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker